For more than 20 years, Erika Bright has litigated and counseled on complex insurance coverage, indemnity, business and construction disputes throughout all major industries.
Recognized as a leading authority on insurance coverage and commercial litigation, Erika has devoted her practice to protecting clients and finding recovery in their time of need. Erika represents corporate policyholders in disputes with insurance carriers and advises clients on all insurance-related topics, including how to minimize risk, draft indemnity agreements and obtain optimum insurance coverage.
Erika has extensive experience in the courtroom and has litigated insurance disputes involving virtually all types of coverage, including Directors and Officers (D&O), Errors and Omissions (E&O), Fiduciary Liability, Commercial General Liability (CGL), Property, Builder’s Risk, Employer’s Liability, Environmental and Energy policies.
Additionally, Erika is an accomplished lecturer and author on insurance issues and frequently speaks at industry conferences, events and law schools nationwide. Ms. Bright serves as Faculty Member and lecturer for the Texas Bar CLE’s Advanced Insurance Law Course and UT Law CLE’s Annual Insurance Law Institute. She has authored and contributed to many leading publications, such as the ABA’s Handbook on Additional Insureds and Law 360.
Prior to joining Wick Phillips, Erika was a partner at Haynes and Boone, LLP in the firm’s insurance coverage and business litigation practice groups.
- After the Storm: What You Need to Know Now to Preserve and Maximize Your Insurance Claim
- Insurance Claims for Hurricane Harvey-Last Chance to Limit Application of HB 1774
- Hurricane Harvey, Insurance Claims and HB 1774—Waiting May Cost You
- Do You Need E&O Coverage?
- Making the Most of Additional Insured Coverage
- 2017: Review Your Insurance Coverage and Make It Work for You
- 2016: Millions in Insurance Recoveries for Wick Phillips Clients
- The U.S. Supreme Court Has Spoken on 401 (k) Liability- Are You Covered?
- Ranked Individual in Insurance, Chambers Leading Lawyers for Business in Texas (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, U.S. News (2013-2021)
- Texas Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly (2012-2020)
- Texas' Best Lawyers® (2020)
- Top Women Attorneys in Texas, Super Lawyers (2020)
- Leading Individual in Insurance, Chambers Leading Lawyers for Business in Texas (2020)
- Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance (2019)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2018)
- Selected to The Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court (2012)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly (2009, 2011)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Speaker, “Insurance Concepts,” 2018 Graduate Texas Trust School (July 18, 2018)
- Panelist, “Menchaca – Texas Bad Faith’s Return from the Ashes,” Texas Bar CLE’s 15th Annual Course on Advanced Insurance Law (June 29, 2018)
- Co-Speaker, “How to be a Hero by Understanding Insurance,” ACC’s Annual In-House Symposium (April 27, 2018)
- Speaker, Show Me the Money: Triggering Insurance Coverage to Protect Your Clients, AABA Monthly Luncheon, April 12, 2018
- Panelist, The Stowers Doctrine in Construction Litigation, 31st Annual Construction Law Conference, March 1, 2018