Matthew Zucker is the department chair of Wick Phillips’ corporate section, which consists of the mergers and acquisitions, finance, and funds formation and advisory practice groups. He regularly represents a wide variety of public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, equity and debt offerings and commercial lending. He also counsels companies on corporate governance, securities law disclosure and compliance, and corporate strategy.
Matthew has represented companies both domestically and internationally in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, automotive, telecommunications, financial services, technology, real estate, retail, healthcare and media.
Prior to joining Wick Phillips, Matthew practiced in the Dallas office of Baker Botts L.L.P. and the New York office of Kelley Drye & Warren LLP.
- Co-Author, “Financement Et Gestion De La Société,” a chapter published in S’implanter Aux États-Unis, a guide for French companies expanding into the United States, published by Ubifrance, an agency of the French government, 2009/2010 edition
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly (2017-2018)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine (2014)
- 2012 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, District of Columbia Courts
- Sale of the worldwide interactive entertainment division of a multinational IT enabled service and BPO company to a Japanese entertainment software maker
- Sale of one of the largest privately-held multi-regional integrated telecommunications solutions providers in the United States to a leading public IP infrastructure and services company
- Joint venture between the U.S. securities division of a leading independent financial advisory group and a full service merchant and investment banking firm
- Acquisition of a specialist provider of cyber and network security solutions by a global digital security company
- Acquisition of a cement plant by a leading provider of building materials
- Acquisition of a U.S.-based medical billing company by an India-based medical billing company
- Sale of a U.S.-based executive suites company to an international competitor
- Various merger and acquisition transactions and financings by a leading public digital cinema services, software and content marketing and distribution company
- Sale of a leading U.S. processor and distributor of premium seafood and frozen bagged convenience meals to a leading private investment firm through a 363 bankruptcy sale
- $350 million senior debt offering and refinancing of a $750 million credit facility by a publicly traded specialty chemical company
- Acquisition of a leading wholesale supplier of industrial gases in the United States by the U.S. subsidiary of a public Japanese industrial gas company
- Holding company reorganization, $700 million “double-dummy” acquisition and refinancing of a $570 million credit facility, including international aspects of collateralization of the new credit facility, by a public graphite electrode manufacturing company
- Acquisition of an Ireland-based software provider by a leading U.S.-based software provider
- Acquisition of a publicly traded steel company and $300 million in related debt financing by a special-purpose acquisition company
- October 2013, Essential Resources for New York City Startup Founders, Startup Nation NYC, Panel Member
- April 2013, Crowdfunding – The JOBS Act and the SEC’s Missing Rules, Seminar for Corporate Attorneys
- April 2013, Using Social Media to Comply with Regulation FD, Seminar for Corporate Attorneys