Bryan Wick is a founding partner of Wick Phillips and an accomplished commercial lawyer focusing on commercial and bankruptcy litigation. Additionally, Bryan provides commercial guidance to clients as they consider existing and potential liability as well as deal terms and structure.
Throughout his career, Bryan has represented and counseled a broad spectrum of clients, from entrepreneurs and small businesses to large, publicly-traded and privately held corporations. Counseling clients regarding existing and potential liability issues, as well as deal terms and corporate structure, Bryan also assists clients in avoiding litigation and, when necessary, litigates a variety of complex commercial matters for both plaintiffs and defendants. Some of Bryan’s noteworthy results include obtaining an $81 million judgment in a real estate dispute, securing a multi-million dollar judgment in an aviation matter, litigating a complex lender liability dispute that ultimately ended in a favorable verdict exceeding $40 million, and securing a summary judgment in excess of $20 million in an oil and gas dispute.
Additionally, Bryan has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous bankruptcy matters, such as avoidance and fiduciary actions; most notably bringing a complex bankruptcy adversary proceeding involving eighteen defendants to successful resolution.
Before forming Wick Phillips, Bryan practiced with Bickel & Brewer, a complex litigation boutique based in Dallas. Prior to that, Bryan gained extensive courtroom experience interning for the Honorable Joe Kendall of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, the Honorable David D. Noce of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, and the Honorable Terry Adelman of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Bryan is admitted to practice in Texas and New York.
- Co-Author: to Commercial Bankruptcy Litigation Second Edition (Post-confirmation Litigation) – published by Thomson Reuters/West (2009-2018).
- Co-Author: Strategic Alternatives for Distressed Businesses-Texas chapter, West Publishing, 2nd edition, (2010-2018).
- Co-Author: What Every Business Tort Lawyer Needs to Know About Bankruptcy Ramifications – Chapter 8, State Bar of Texas 3rd Annual Business Torts Institute 2011.
- Contributor to The Professional Services Firm Bible, published by John Wiley & Sons (2005).
- The Best Lawyers in America©, U.S. News (2015-2021)
- Texas Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly (2013-2020)
- Texas' Best Lawyers® (2020)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2004, 2006, 2012-2017)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly and Law & Politics Magazine (2005-2012)
- Top 40 Leaders in Dallas Under 40, Dallas Business Journal (2011)
- Top 40 Business Leaders in Collin County under 40, Collin County Business Press (2012)