Bryan Wick is a founding partner of Wick Phillips and an accomplished attorney, focusing on commercial and bankruptcy litigation and serving clients as a trusted advisor.
Throughout his career, Bryan has represented a broad spectrum of clients, from entrepreneurs and small businesses to large, publicly-traded and privately held corporations. Counseling clients regarding existing and potential liability issues, as well as deal terms and corporate structure, Bryan also assists clients in avoiding litigation and, when necessary, litigates a variety of complex commercial matters for both plaintiffs and defendants. Some of his more noteworthy results include obtaining an $81 million judgment in a real estate dispute, securing a multi-million-dollar judgment in an aviation matter, litigating a complex lender liability dispute that ultimately ended in a favorable verdict exceeding $40 million, securing a summary judgment in excess of $20 million in an oil and gas dispute, and winning a $100 plus million fraudulent transfer case on summary judgment.
Additionally, Bryan has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous bankruptcy litigation matters, such as avoidance and fiduciary actions; most notably bringing a complex bankruptcy adversary proceeding involving eighteen defendants to successful resolution.
Before forming Wick Phillips, Bryan practiced with a national litigation boutique. Prior to that, Bryan gained extensive courtroom experience interning for the Honorable Joe Kendall of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, the Honorable David D. Noce of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, and the Honorable Terry Adelman of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Bryan is admitted to practice in Texas, New York, and Montana.
- Co-Author: to Commercial Bankruptcy Litigation Second Edition (Post-confirmation Litigation) – published by Thomson Reuters/West (2009-2018).
- Co-Author: Strategic Alternatives for Distressed Businesses-Texas chapter, West Publishing, 2nd edition, (2010-2018).
- Co-Author: What Every Business Tort Lawyer Needs to Know About Bankruptcy Ramifications – Chapter 8, State Bar of Texas 3rd Annual Business Torts Institute 2011.
- Contributor to The Professional Services Firm Bible, published by John Wiley & Sons (2005).
- The Best Lawyers in America® – Commercial Litigation,
Litigation - Bankruptcy (2015-2024)
- Texas Super Lawyers (2013-2023)
- Texas’ Best Lawyers® (2020)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2004, 2006, 2012-2017)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly and Law & Politics Magazine (2005-2012)
- Top 40 Leaders in Dallas Under 40, Dallas Business Journal (2011)
- Top 40 Business Leaders in Collin County under 40, Collin County Business Press (2012)