Brant Martin is a commercial trial lawyer. His practice focuses on all facets of trial and commercial litigation, from pre-lawsuit disputes, through discovery, jury selection, argument, and post-verdict practice. He has represented and counseled clients in Texas and around the United States across a broad spectrum of industries, including financial institutions, medical devices, investment funds and their sponsors, and gaming.
Brant has successfully litigated on behalf of and against large and small clients in all manner of disputes, trying numerous bet-the-company cases to verdict. He has extensive experience in class actions and other complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts nationwide. Prior to joining Wick Phillips, Brant counseled clients on the ground in high-risk jurisdictions around the world in the International Commercial Practice for Baker & McKenzie, the largest law firm in the world; he also practiced as a plaintiff’s lawyer for several years.
In high-stakes cases, Brant’s experience gives him the ability to advocate fearlessly on behalf of his clients. He frequently assists companies with significant matters related to emerging regulatory developments, not only working with them during the course of lawsuits, but also helping to determine critical issues affecting the way they do business and ways to mitigate their exposure to further litigation. Brant was valedictorian of his graduating class at the SMU School of Law, also serving as Editor-in-Chief of the SMU Law Review. Prior to entering private practice, Brant was a law clerk to Judge Richard A. Schell, U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Texas, and is admitted to practice in all court levels of the State of Texas.
Brant is active in numerous charitable causes in the Fort Worth community, including the Hatton W. Sumners Foundation, Camp Fire USA, Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas, Child Advocates of Tarrant County, and Trinity Valley School.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, U.S. News (2015-2021)
- Texas Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly (2011-2020)
- Texas' Best Lawyers® (2020)
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth Magazine (2019)
- Top Attorney, 360 West Magazine (2017)
- Named by the Fort Worth Business Press as one of “40 Under 40” who help shape the future through business and community involvement (2009)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly (2008-2010)
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine (2004)
- Valedictorian, SMU Law School
- Editor-in-Chief, SMU Law Review
- Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
- Carl Summers Scholar
- Order of the Barristers
- Board of Advocates, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Past President, Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association