Sean Lemoine is a business trial lawyer with more than 16 years’ experience in trying cases to verdict.
Sean’s experience includes trials in and out of state, including state and federal courts, and arbitration. He has successfully represented owners, partners, shareholders and businesses in connection with a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, disparagement, tortious interference and defamation. Additionally, he has extensive experience in litigating disputes involving misappropriation of trade secrets and restrictive covenants. Sean’s expertise extends to bankruptcy litigation, where he has represented individual creditors and creditors’ committees in adversary litigation. Sean also blogs at www.antislapptexas.com.
Sean attended college on a debate scholarship and was a nationally-ranked debater throughout his collegiate career. Prior to attending law school, Sean coached several teams that won national championships at the college and high school level. Sean is an adjunct professor at the University of North Texas School of Law, coaching UNT’s mock trial teams.
In his free time, Sean is an avid hunter, coaches a Dallas Classic Baseball team and a travel ball team, and has served as a mock trial judge and coach for a Dallas area high school mock trial team. He attends the First Unitarian Church of Dallas. Sean is also a West Nile Virus survivor and speaks and gives interviews regularly on mosquito safety and prevention.
- Texas Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly (2014-2018)
- College Debate National Championships 1994 & 1995 (Northwestern State University & Michigan State University)
- Co-lead counsel in three week fraud and breach of contract trial involving stock purchase agreement in California State Court.
- Co-lead counsel in two week fraud and breach of contract trial involving oil and gas investments in Federal District Court.
- Co-lead counsel in week long breach of contract trial involving ambiguity issues in Federal District Court.
- Co-lead counsel in week long fraud and breach of fiduciary duty case in Federal District Court.
- Lead counsel in multi-day trial for enforcement of non-compete and non-solicit agreements concerning a former employee in Dallas County District Court.
- Lead appellate counsel in reversing and remanding breach of contract trial.
- Co-lead counsel in week long arbitration involving contract interpretation issues in Georgia.
- Co-lead counsel in week long tortious interference trial in Collin County District Court.
- Lead counsel in obtaining a temporary injunction to enforce a right of first refusal to stop the sale of a company.
- Lead counsel in obtaining multiple temporary restraining orders and temporary injunctions.
- Lead counsel in fraudulent transfer trial in Bankruptcy Court.
- Lead counsel in multiple arbitration hearings to verdict.