Molly Jones began her legal career working for an international law firm ranked on the Am Law 100 list. Although she has experience in a wide range of employment matters, Molly has developed a focus on the issues arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act. In addition, she routinely counsels businesses on employment policies, handbooks, disciplinary, and leave issues.
Molly gives back to the community through her pro bono work. One of her pro bono cases involved representation of an individual in an asylum case that required multiple appeals and oral arguments before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Co-authored “Healthy Caution Advisable in Designing Wellness Plan, Given New Scrutiny of Medical Exams and Inquiries Under ADA, HIPAA, and ACA,” Bloomberg BNA (July 27, 2015)
- “EEOC Targets Employers’ Waiver and Release Agreements,” HR.BLR.com (August 21, 2014)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star (2019)
- Handling restrictive covenant disputes and lawsuits.
- Representing companies in Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, and state law tort claims.
- Assisting employers with charges filed by employees with administrative agencies.
- Conducting investigations for employers involved in internal complaints.
- Drafting employment-related agreements.
- Administering training for supervisory employees.
- Co-Speaker, “Settlement Agreements and Potential Challenges to Fully Resolving Employment Disputes,” ACC’s Annual In-House Symposium (April 27, 2018)
- Co-Speaker, “Who’s Your Employer? A Review of Alternative Employment Arrangements,” SouthWest Benefits Association's 28th Annual Benefits Compliance Conference (November 2, 2017)
- “Fired Over Facebook: Social Media and Employment Law Pitfalls” (October 25, 2016)
- “Clearing the Smoke: Marijuana in the Workplace” (May 19, 2016)