Marcia Nelson Jackson is a partner in the Labor and Employment Group of Wick Phillips. Marcia’s practice includes all aspects of employment and labor law, strategic client counseling, preventative training, and internal investigations. In addition to representing employers in single and multi-plaintiff employment lawsuits, she regularly represents clients in wage and hour collective actions filed under the Fair Labor Standards Act, as well as disputes involving non-competition covenants and employee benefits litigation. Marcia has appeared in multiple state and federal courts throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, and California, as well as administrative agencies in various states. Her clients range in size from local to global companies.
Marcia is a regular speaker on current issues to employers and serves on the Employment Law Editorial Advisory Board for Strafford Publications where she is a regular presenter on their nationwide teleconference Continuing Legal Education Programs. She has previously been a presenter at the State Bar of Texas Advanced Employment Law Seminar, to the National Academy of Arbitrators and has been a contributing editor to the Texas Employment Law treatise.
She is the co-author of “Sexual Harassment investigations - Cues, Clues and how Tos” (The Labor Lawyer) and formerly served as a contributing editor to the Schlei & Grossman treatise, Employment Discrimination Law.
- Pads, Blackberries & iPhones: Bulletproof Your Employee Use Policy
- Social media-Discovery and Admissibility: Now That You’ve Got the Evidence, How Do You Get It Admitted?
- SmartPhones at Work: Maximizing Technology While Minimizing Potential Liability
- Employee Monitoring: Who’s Watching Who?
- The ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (September 2010)
- Co-Speaker, “Settlement Agreements and Potential Challenges to Fully Resolving Employment Disputes,” ACC’s Annual In-House Symposium (April 27, 2018)
- Speaker, Drafting Employee Releases, State Bar of Texas Essentials of Business Law: Four Modules for a Robust Practice (March 9, 2017)
- Speaker, "I thought we Settled That Case?!? Settlement Agreements and Potential Challenges to Fully Resolving Employment Disputes, " Dallas Bar Association- Labor and Employment Section, Dallas Texas (2015)
- Landmines in Settlement, Separation and Severance Agreements, State Bar of Texas Employment Seminar (January 23, 2015)
- Employment Litigation and Social Media Evidence Webinar (October 22, 2014)
- Panelist, 25th Annual Labor and Employment Law Institute hosted by the State Bar of Texas Labor and Employment Law Section. Ms. Jackson spoke alongside U.S. District Court Judge Fred Biery and attorney David Wiley on the subject of, "Ethics and Professionalism: What the Court and Jury See and Hear." (September 2014)