Austin is an associate in Wick Phillips’ Commercial Litigation Practice Group. His practice includes the representation of clients across a number of industries, including technology companies, oilfield services companies, construction companies, and private equity funds. He has significant experience advising clients in many aspects of litigation, including written discovery, management of large-scale discovery projects, and drafting and arguing dispositive motions in both state and federal court. As a member of the City of Houston’s Volunteer Prosecutor Program, he tried eight cases to jury verdict.
Prior to joining Wick Phillips, Austin was an associate on the Commercial Litigation Team at Hunton Andrews Kurth in Houston.
- Represented a global hotel owner and operator as lead attorney in a construction dispute.
- Represented a marketing company as lead associate facing multiple class action lawsuits alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Represented an oilfield services company as lead associate in a personal injury case stemming from an alleged accident at an oil well.
- Represented officers and directors as lead associate in a complex business dispute involving claims of fraud, fraudulent transfer, conspiracy, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a technology company under government investigation for alleged violations of export control laws.
- Represented a large REIT in concurrent civil and criminal fraud investigations.
- Represented a private equity fund in defense of a multi-million dollar dispute concerning an alleged oral promise of a brokerage fee.
All matters handled prior to joining Wick Phillips.