Nick Nelson is an experienced litigation and intellectual property attorney who represents clients in civil disputes around the country. Nick has experience with all phases of litigation, from pre-lawsuit fact investigation to post-judgment appeals, enforcement, and collections. Nick has experience with intellectual property matters, including trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, and patents. A former newspaper reporter, Nick also has handled a variety of media and First Amendment matters.
Prior to joining Wick Phillips, Nick spent five years in the business litigation section of a large international law firm based in Dallas. Nick worked as a litigation attorney at the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas before starting the law firm of Bhojani & Nelson, PLLC.
Nick was profiled by the Texas Lawyer after he created the “Legal Spanish” app for the iPhone to help English-speaking lawyers serve Spanish speaking clients. Before law school, Nick was a reporter for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and a freelance investigative reporter. Nick speaks fluent Spanish and enjoys the outdoors.
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers (2018-2020)
All matters handled prior to joining Wick Phillips.
- Successfully defended a global oil and gas company in a $300 million dispute and obtained a complete defense verdict.
- Represented a plaintiff in a complex trade secrets dispute and obtained a unanimous jury verdict and a permanent injunction following a two-week trial.
- Defended a Korean manufacturer in a patent infringement lawsuit, achieving a favorable settlement.
- Represented news organizations and television networks in a variety of media and First Amendment matters.