Mark Hamrick is a senior associate in the mergers and acquisitions section of Wick Phillips. He has a broad corporate practice focused on complex M&A, private equity, and venture capital transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, minority investments, and joint ventures. His practice also includes general corporate representation of both public and private companies, which he regularly advises regarding commercial, corporate governance, and securities matters. His clients include private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies and management teams, venture capital funds, startups, and public companies across a variety of industries.
Prior to joining Wick Phillips, Mark was a senior associate in the corporate, M&A, and securities practice at Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP.
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers (2019-2021)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
Mark’s experience includes representing*:
- A Fortune 100 company in its sale of a 1,000-acre petrochemical complex and related assets.
- A Nasdaq-listed upstream services and technology company in its acquisition by a NYSE-listed drilling contractor in a stock-for-stock transaction valued at approximately $220 million.
- A privately held midstream development and management company in the sale of its minority interest in a natural gas pipeline company as part of an overall transaction valued at approximately $1.3 billion.
- A global assurance and risk management company in the cross-border sale of its high-power testing laboratory and related assets for approximately $155 million.
- A private equity backed oil and gas company in connection with the acquisition of non-operated interests in Bakken oil and gas assets.
- A Nasdaq-listed digital services provider in connection with multiple acquisitions.
- A university healthcare system in its acquisition of hospital facilities and related management rights from a publicly traded healthcare services provider for approximately $750 million.
- A major oil and gas company in its acquisition of a South American fuel importer and owner of energy infrastructure assets for approximately $470 million.
- A private equity backed E&P company in connection with a $250 million line of equity commitment from a large energy-focused private equity fund.
- A private equity backed pipeline developer in the development and joint venture planning related to a natural gas pipeline in the Marcellus region involving equity contributions from a group of public companies and private investment funds of approximately $750 million.
- A middle-market private equity fund in connection with multiple platform company buyouts and add-on acquisitions.
- A privately held multinational industrial group in the recapitalization and restructuring of its multibillion-dollar investment holding and management platform.
- A privately held industrial services company in a majority recapitalization transaction valued at approximately $75 million.
- A management team in connection with the formation of an investment platform targeting oil development opportunities in South Texas backed by a $250 million equity line commitment from a major private equity fund, and the concurrent acquisition of a leasehold position covering approximately 12,000 acres in the Eagle Ford Shale.
- A private equity backed provider of produced water treatment technologies and services in connection with (i) four rounds of preferred equity investment from a group of investors consisting of two private equity funds, a private company, and members of management, (ii) two bridge financings, and (iii) a complex recapitalization transaction.
- A private equity fund specializing in power and energy infrastructure projects in connection with its investment into a joint venture with a private investment firm to form an investment management platform focused on the specialty contracting sector.
- A private equity fund in connection with a minority recapitalization of a financial services company.
- A medical device company in its Series A round of equity financing from a consortium of private investors and early-stage investment funds.
- A startup pharmaceutical company in connection with its initial formation and capitalization, (ii) a convertible note financing, (iii) its purchase of certain assets from a major pharmaceutical company, and (iv) its Series A round of equity financing.
- The sponsors of an early-stage investment fund in (i) the fund’s initial formation and capitalization, (ii) the design and buildout of an investment holding and management vehicle structure, and (iii) the execution of multiple venture capital investments.
- The sponsor of an investment fund focused on emerging companies in connection with the formation of its second early-stage investment fund.
- Multiple public companies in connection with ’34 Act compliance and general corporate governance matters.
*All matters handled prior to joining Wick Phillips