Andrew Botts advises clients on complex domestic and cross-border business transactions. He advises on joint ventures, real estate, mergers, acquisitions, buyouts, debt and equity restructurings, private equity, private investment fund formation, and venture capital, with emphasis on the tax, finance, and structuring aspects.
Andrew focuses his tax practice on U.S. domestic and cross-border tax issues involving real estate joint ventures, real estate investment funds, syndicated tenant in common and Delaware statutory trust offerings, and REIT taxation, M&A, corporate and partnership taxation, and private investment funds. He also advises on general tax planning for preservation and utilization of tax attributes.
Andrew’s practice includes the representation of a wide variety of U.S. and international investors, sponsors, real estate investment trusts (REITs), private equity funds, developers, managers, banks, and major corporations.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America – Tax Law (2024)
- Texas Rising Star – Mergers and Acquisitions, Super Lawyers (2022)
- Advised and spearheaded complex and challenging transactions which range in size from $1 million to more than $1 billion, among other things:
- Represented a private equity sponsor with its $160 million tax deferred 1031 like-kind exchange and syndicated Tenant in Common (TIC) private offering involving multiple tiers and restructuring four entities.
- Represented a REIT with tax structuring and implementing its $1 billion equity up-front joint venture program to acquire real estate throughout the U.S.
- Represented a REIT with its $800 million equity up-front platform joint venture for the acquisition of Swiss and other European real estate.
- Represented a REIT with tax structuring and implementing its $500 million equity up-front programmatic joint venture to acquire a portfolio of real estate in the U.S. and Europe.