Michael Bailey is a partner in the corporate and finance section of Wick Phillips, focusing on banking and finance matters. He regularly represents borrowers and lenders in connection with a variety of financing structures, including asset-based loans, first-lien/second-lien financings, real estate loans, cash-flow based loans (both syndicated and bilateral), acquisition financings (for both strategic and financial buyers), private offerings, loan workouts, swaps and other derivative transactions and structured financings. Michael assists clients with the acquisition and disposition of debt instruments on the secondary market. His clients include money-center banks, regional banks, finance companies and private investment funds.
Michael also provides his clients with advice on general corporate and transactional issues, including entity formation and mergers and acquisitions.
Michael has closed transactions for companies in a variety of industries, including energy, financial services, healthcare and media/telecommunications. His representative transactions include both cross–border and domestic deals.
Prior to joining Wick Phillips, Michael practiced in the Dallas office of Baker Botts L.L.P.
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2019)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2018)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly (2015, 2016)
- Represented a data center operator in connection with construction financing for multiple data centers across the United States.
- Represented a pipeline construction company in connection with a debt and equity restructuring.
- Represented a regional bank as lender in an asset-based financing for a leading manufactured homes company.
- Represented a hospital management company in connection with the financing of the acquisition of a portfolio of senior living facilities.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in connection with the financing for the acquisition of a software business serving the construction industry.
- Represented a construction products company in the negotiation of a senior credit facility.
- Represented a financial sponsor in connection with the acquisition financing for the purchase of a manufacturer/distributor of pump parts.
- Represented a manufacturer/distributor of consumer audio equipment in connection with the negotiation of an asset-based senior credit facility.
- Represented a specialty foods company in connection with a refinancing of its senior debt, as well as related corporate matters.