Sean Lemoine is business trial lawyer with more than 16 years’ experience in trying cases to verdict.
Sean’s experience includes trials in and out of state, including state and federal courts, and arbitration. He has successfully represented owners, partners, shareholders and businesses in connection with a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, disparagement, tortious interference and defamation. Additionally, he has extensive experience in litigating disputes involving misappropriation of trade secrets and restrictive covenants. Sean’s expertise extends to bankruptcy litigation, where he has represented individual creditors and creditors’ committees in adversary litigation.
Sean attended college on a debate scholarship and was a nationally-ranked debater throughout his collegiate career. Prior to attending law school, Sean coached several teams that won national championships at the college and high school level.
In his free time, Sean is an avid hunter, coaches a Dallas Classic Baseball team and a travel ball team, and has served as a mock trial judge and coach for a Dallas area high school mock trial team. He attends the First Unitarian Church of Dallas. Sean is also a West Nile Virus survivor and speaks and gives interviews regularly on mosquito safety and prevention.
- “Anticipating and Resolving Shareholder Disputes” for National Business Institute
- “Contracts 101 for Chief Administrative Officers” for ExecSense
- “How to Read, Negotiate, & Dispute Aspects of Arbitration Provisions in Contracts as a Litigator” for ExecSense
- “Evaluating a Business Tort” for 4th Annual Business Torts Institute, State Bar of Texas
- “Essential Elements of Contracts” and “Non-Competition Issues” for National Business Institute
- “Preserving a Fee Recovery by Carefully Structuring Non-Compete Agreements,” The Practical Lawyer, 2012
- Texas Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly (2014-2016)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly (2009-2011)
- Vermont Law Review (Note Editor)
- Jessup International Moot Court Team
- Thomas M. Debevoise National Moot Court Team
- Environmental Moot Court Team
- National Trial Advocacy Team
- College Debate National Championships 1994 & 1995 (Northwestern State University & Michigan State University)
- Co-lead counsel in three week fraud and breach of contract trial involving stock purchase agreement in California State Court.
- Co-lead counsel in two week fraud and breach of contract trial involving oil and gas investments in Federal District Court.
- Co-lead counsel in week long breach of contract trial involving ambiguity issues in Federal District Court.
- Co-lead counsel in week long fraud and breach of fiduciary duty case in Federal District Court.
- Lead counsel in multi-day trial for enforcement of non-compete and non-solicit agreements concerning a former employee in Dallas County District Court.
- Lead appellate counsel in reversing and remanding breach of contract trial.
- Co-lead counsel in week long arbitration involving contract interpretation issues in Georgia.
- Co-lead counsel in week long tortious interference trial in Collin County District Court.
- Lead counsel in obtaining a temporary injunction to enforce a right of first refusal to stop the sale of a company.
- Lead counsel in obtaining multiple temporary restraining orders and temporary injunctions.
- Lead counsel in fraudulent transfer trial in Bankruptcy Court.
- Lead counsel in multiple arbitration hearings to verdict.