Sean Lemoine is a partner with Wick Phillips who focuses on trials of business disputes.
Sean has over 15 years’ experience in representing owners, partners, shareholders, and businesses in connection with a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, disparagement and defamation. Additionally, he has extensive experience in litigating disputes involving misappropriation of trade secrets and restrictive covenants. Sean’s expertise extends to bankruptcy litigation, where he has represented individual creditors and creditors’ committees in adversary litigation. Sean is particularly passionate about his work as a trial lawyer; he has tried cases in state and federal courts as well as arbitration tribunals throughout the country. He also frequently writes and gives speeches on various commercial litigation matters.
Sean attended college on a debate scholarship and was a nationally-ranked debater throughout his collegiate career. Prior to attending law school, Sean served as a high school and college debate coach, where he coached national champion teams.
In his free time, Sean has served as a mock trial judge and has coached a Dallas area high school mock trial team. He has also served as a director of Alley’s House, a non-profit focused on mentoring teen mothers. Prior to joining Wick Phillips, Sean practiced with the boutique litigation firm of Bickel & Brewer.
- “Anticipating and Resolving Shareholder Disputes” for National Business Institute
- “Contracts 101 for Chief Administrative Officers” for ExecSense
- “How to Read, Negotiate, & Dispute Aspects of Arbitration Provisions in Contracts as a Litigator” for ExecSense
- “Evaluating a Business Tort” for 4th Annual Business Torts Institute, State Bar of Texas
- “Essential Elements of Contracts” and “Non-Competition Issues” for National Business Institute
- “Preserving a Fee Recovery by Carefully Structuring Non-Compete Agreements,” The Practical Lawyer, 2012
- Texas Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly (2014-2016)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly (2009-2011)
- Vermont Law Review (Note Editor)
- Jessup International Moot Court Team
- Thomas M. Debevoise National Moot Court Team
- Environmental Moot Court Team
- National Trial Advocacy Team
- College Debate National Championships 1994 & 1995 (Northwestern State University & Michigan State University)